Mobile Communications of America
Mobile Communications (MCA) is a leading provider of two-way radio solutions and services for mission critical environments. MCA sells and installs proprietary communication systems, provides two-way radio hardware, and services and maintains the systems and hardware. Customers include government agencies, public safety, first responders, military, public services, utilities, and manufacturers.
- Invested August 2013.
- Industry: Business and Professional Services – Communications Dealer and Service Provider.
- WJ Partners invested in the family-owned business to provide liquidity for the multi-generational shareholders.
- The business started with 5 service locations primarily in the Atlanta metro area.
- Consolidated a highly fragmented dealer base to become the largest channel partner for Mobile Communications of America (MCA) primary supplier, Motorola.
- The company now has 32 service locations across 6 states in the Southeast.
WJ PARTNERS Collaboration
- Mark Blackman of WJ Partners stepped in as CEO of the company.
- WJ Partners helped recruit a senior management team to facilitate MCA’s rapid growth.
- WJ Partners has worked with Mobile Communications of America (MCA) to complete 11 add-on acquisitions, providing follow-on equity capital, facilitating debt financing, and executing the transactions.