Pure Barre is the largest player in barre-inspired boutique fitness with over 450 studios in the United States and Canada. The Pure Barre technique is a low-impact, highly effective, full-body workout that utilizes the ballet barre to perform small isometric movements to create long, lean muscles. Because the technique is both low-impact and results-driven, Pure Barre has broad appeal and has cultivated a loyal following in each of its markets.
- Invested October 2012.
- Industry: Consumer Products & Services - Fitness.
- The founder, Carrie Dorr, was seeking a partner who would drive the necessary investments in people and infrastructure to support a rapidly growing franchise concept.
- WJ Partners invested in Pure Barre when there were 96 studios and only 3 employees.
- Pure Barre grew from 96 studios in 2012 to over 450 studios today across the US and Canada, opening 83 and 100 studios in 2016 and 2015, respectively.
- Pure Barre is now one of the largest players and most recognized brands in the boutique fitness segment.
WJ Partners Collaboration
- Recruited the senior management team across all functions (CEO, operations, finance, franchise development, real estate/construction, marketing, retail product, and training/technique).
- Formulated and executed a two-part strategy to build a dominant brand in boutique-fitness through a nationwide studio development plan as well as create and roll out a new apparel line in the rapidly-growing athleisure market.
- Jaime Wall currently serves as Chair of the board of directors and served as interim CEO in 2016.